Los Altos Parent Preschool is currently accepting application for Assistant Teacher
- be at least 18 years of age
- be able to meet licensing requirements as a full ECE teacher (able to supervise 12 children, and other “staff,” which includes parent volunteers)
- have earned a minimum of 12 semester ECE units as required by State Community Care Licensing, including Child Growth and Development, Child Family and Community, and curriculum classes
- Experience with families and preschool children, especially in a co-op setting
- Implement planned activities with the children each work day under the direct supervision of the Lead Teacher, to whom s/he is responsible.
- Assist work parents, provide enrichment activities, participate in group times and be available to spend one-on-one time with children as needed.
- Report directly to the Lead Teacher in charge of the class and fulfill other duties as requested by the teacher.
- Attend Other Parent Days, Official Play Days, school family events and staff meetings as requested.
- May attend other school events, such as the Board Retreat, if requested. Attendance at other events will be arranged on an event-by-event basis.
- The Teacher will work M-F from 8:45-11:45 during the school year (early September to early June).
Note: This position may be shared by two people if the situation warrants. If you are interested in working only Tuesday/Thursday (2s/3s class) or only Monday/Wednesday/Friday (3s/4s class), please note your preferred days in your cover letter.
- Additional hours during summer school or working with enrichment classes may be available.
- S/He may also be paid for attendance at 2 Other Parent Days (1.5 hours each, on Saturdays), and 2 Official Play Days (usually in August, 2 hours each) per year.
- S/He will also be paid for attending 10 staff meetings (2 hours each) throughout the year, and for family events such as Stories under the Stars, Spring Sing, Open House, etc. Six hours per year will be paid for attendance at other school events. Some events will be in the early evenings.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Lisa Henry, Board President
Los Altos Parent Preschool
201 Covington Ave
Los Altos, CA 94024
For more information about our program, please see our website www.lapp4kids.org.