Welcome to the SCVC website.
The Santa Clara County Council (SCVC) is an association of cooperative (parent participation) nursery schools in Silicon Valley. We are comprised of 14 co-operative nursery schools in the Santa Clara County. Each school sends a delegate to meet monthly in order to share ideas and to discuss common problems, solutions, and goals.
SCVC works to support Santa Clara county co-ops and co-op members (both current and alumni).
Our council was founded by a group of parents to:
- Support our high quality nursery schools
- Provide shared services such as insurance within the schools
- Educate the parents more effectively
- Share solutions to common challenges and questions
- Raise awareness about our schools within the community
- Promote the growth and interest in the parent participation movement
SCVC is this area’s branch of the statewide California Council of Parent Participation Nursery Schools (CCPPNS). CPPNS advocates for the needs of co-op nursery schools at the state level. The benefits of the council are:
- Connections with other organizations, agencies or legislative bodies working in the fields of health, education and welfare.
- Access to a Family Consultant Service, a professional referral service, made up of professionals in a variety of areas, including legal services, speech therapy, family services, etc.
- Sponsorship of community events.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage at an affordable price designed specifically for parent co-op schools.
- Council-wide information sharing amongst member schools.
Do you want to be involved in your child’s first school experience? Are you interested in being a part of a community that not only seeks to enrich children but also their families? Do you want your child to gain the ability to relate to and communicate with other children, as well as adults? Do you want to gain a unique opportunity to learn and develop with your child as well as an increased awareness of the role of education in developing an effective and satisfying family life?